Chapter 6: The Media
As you work through the below assignments, don't forget to generate a Progress Report. Fill out the sections you have completed and send a copy to your email account.
- Follow this Study Plan to access your chapter assignments.
- Print out the Chapter Outline and bring it to lecture to help structure your note-taking and check-off topics covered in class.
- Take the Chapter Quiz and mail the results to your instructor’s gradebook. You can take these quizzes as often as you like.
- Read Chapter 6 in your textbook or ebook.
- Read the Chapter Review of Chapter 6. Note any material you have difficulty remembering from the text.
- Master the key terms for this chapter by working through the deck of Flashcards.
- Answer the Critical Thinking Questions for Chapter 6 and submit your answers to your instructor’s gradebook.
- Complete the Critical Thinking Exercises to explore how the analytical framework of the text can be used to understand key concepts and ideas in American politics.
- Think big with the BigThink Video Exercises! Watch the online video clips for Chapter 6, answer the questions associated with each video, and submit your answers to your instructor’s gradebook.
- Listen to the Politics in Conflict Audio Podcast for Chapter 6 and download the file to your iPod, iPhone, or other mobile media player.
- Read the most recent post on the Everyday Politics Blog and post a comment that reflects what you’ve learned thus far in the course.
- Read the latest news in American politics at the American Politics Today News Feed.