- Why was Gandhi so careful to point out that passive resistance was not "only a weapon of the weak".
- Based on your reading of Gandhi, what are the differences between passive resistance as a strategy and passive resistance as a moral principle?
- According to Nehru, what fundamental issues confronted the world in 1948? What did he feel the experience of India could contribute to solving world problems?
- Martin Luther King, Jr., openly acknowledged the influence of Gandhi on his own thinking.
Examine the American civil rights leader's writings and actions to see where that influence was
- Based on a study of geography, culture, history, and politics, propose a solution to the
problem of poverty in South Asia.
- Study the origin and history of the Sikhs. What has been their role in South Asian history,
culture, and politics?
- Research the question of why Kashmir and Bengal have been the focus of so much controversy