Welcome to Introduction to Ocean Sciences,
This study site includes useful features designed to help you get the most from your textbook reading assignments.
To use this site:
- Choose a chapter from the menu above, or
- Choose a feature from the menu to the right
Each chapter includes:
- Chapter Overviews that provide a general Guide to Reading and Learning and an outline of the Essential to Know points in each chapter, including Critical Concept Reminders;
- Self-Test Questions that quiz you on what you’ve read and provide feedback on right and wrong answers;
- Key-Term Flashcards that test your recall for new terminology introduced in each chapter.
You can also print Critical Concept Essential to Know Cards for easy reference as you read. Watch Animations to see ocean sciences processes in action, and read Earth Science News for weekly updates from Newswise on current events, and an archive of past articles.