See For Yourself
To view the Google Earth™ sites in each chapter of Essentials of Geology, 5e:
On a Personal Computer:
- Download and install Google Earth™ on your personal computer. You can do this at www.google.com/earth/
- You can automatically download and install all the sites noted in the book by downloading and installing this file.
Or, you can type the latitude and longitude for each site into Google Earth™ to go directly to that site. If you need help, download this file for complete instructions.
- Videos showing steps 1 and 2 are available at these links:
- How to download Google Earth
- How to install the preset Google Earth sites
- For help using the features or learning about system requirements for Google Earth™, visit https://www.google.com/earth/learn/.
Note: if you are using a school or library computer you may not have the administrator privileges needed to install this software.
On a Smartphone:
- Google Earth™ is available as an app for both Apple and Android. Visit the app stores for either to download.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you can type the latitude and longitude for each site into Google Earth™ to go directly to that site. If you need help, download this file for complete instructions.