Writer's Help Download Instructions
The Writer's Help window provides instant access to a quick-reference version of The Norton Field Guide to Writing as you write and edit in Microsoft Word. This allows you to move back and forth between Word and the Writer's Help window within one application.
The Writer’s Help window for Word is provided in two versions: one that is compatible with Word 2003 and one compatible with Word 2007 and Word 2010. Be sure to download the correct plugin for your version of Word.
Download for Word 2003
Download for Word 2007/2010 (32-bit)
To install the Writer's Help Window:
- Be sure Microsoft Word is not running on your computer.
- Click on the link above to download the file that corresponds to your version of Microsoft Word.
- Save the file to the desktop (or another location that you can find later).
- Unzip the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
- Double click the file inside the unzipped folder to start the installation process.
- In the installation wizard, click Next three times to install the Writer’s Help window.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
- To use the Writer’s Help window, simply launch Microsoft Word. The Writer’s Help window should appear on the right side of your screen.
If you use a Mac, do not have Microsoft Word, or prefer not to download the Writer's Help window, you may use the online version, the Writing Toolbar, and keep your Web browser open.