Welcome to Discover Biology, 3rd Edition
Student Web Site
This study site features helpful chapter overviews, animations, quizzes, and Biology in the News feature articles, all designed to help you get the most from your textbook reading assignments.
How to Use This Site:
- After selecting a chapter, go to the Study Plan section to access a comprehensive study plan for each chapter.
- In the Animations section, Tutorials and Activities offer in-depth review of core chapter concepts. Key Figure Exercises test your knowledge of important chapter figures.
- Key Word Flash Cards test your recall for new terminology introduced in each chapter. The online Glossary provides definitions of all important terms in the text, with audio pronunciations for over 100 difficult words.
- Biology in the News articles and What’s News? exercises highlight relevant news stories and help you to apply classroom lessons to daily life.
- Use the Norton Gradebook-enabled Self-Tests to track your mastery of the materials offered for each chapter.
Instructors now have an easy way to collect students’ online quizzes with the Norton Gradebook without flooding their inboxes with e-mails.
Students can track their online quiz scores by setting up their own Student Gradebook.