Patrick O'Brian Discussion Forum

Titanic Sinks in Real-Time

Chrístõ
chris@cjsquire.plus.com
Thu Dec 21

'From our upcoming video game "Titanic: Honor and Glory" This is a rough draft ("pre-vis") of our sinking animation. Be sure to contribute to help make our project a reality!'

'This is our full-length animation of the Titanic sinking, beginning with the iceberg collision and ending with its disappearance. The point of collision is at 1:06. This is a complete animation; not a short animation that was slowed down to match real time. This is also highly accurate, though we have already documented improvements we plan to make for the final game. The animation includes text frequently appearing with what is happening on board the ship. This includes visuals of various interior rooms flooding, lifeboats launching, rockets firing, and the Californian on the horizon. The animation was created in Unreal Engine 4. The exterior model used is not our final model, but an older model created by one of our team members.’

www.titanichg.com/ 2hrs 40m

There are no people in this version, just a deserted ship subsiding sloowly into the icy water. Nonetheless it is remarkably spooky - the sinking experienced as a bad dream from which you can't wake.

I found it researching for the previous item.

[ This message was edited on Thu Dec 21 by the author ]

Over 18,000 jerry cans a minute, if anyone was wondering. NT

YA
Sun Dec 24

On Thu Dec 21, Chrístõ wrote
----------------------------
>
>'From our upcoming video game "Titanic: Honor and Glory" This is a rough draft ("pre-vis") of our sinking animation. Be sure to contribute to help make our project a reality!'

>'This is our full-length animation of the Titanic sinking, beginning with the iceberg collision and ending with its disappearance. The point of collision is at 1:06. This is a complete animation; not a short animation that was slowed down to match real time. This is also highly accurate, though we have already documented improvements we plan to make for the final game. The animation includes text frequently appearing with what is happening on board the ship. This includes visuals of various interior rooms flooding, lifeboats launching, rockets firing, and the Californian on the horizon. The animation was created in Unreal Engine 4. The exterior model used is not our final model, but an older model created by one of our team members.’

>www.titanichg.com/ 2hrs 40m

>There are no people in this version, just a deserted ship subsiding sloowly into the icy water. Nonetheless it is remarkably spooky - the sinking experienced as a bad dream from which you can't wake.

>I found it researching for the previous item.

Re: Titanic Sinks in Real-Time

Bob Bridges
robhbridges@gmail.com
Mon Dec 25

I watched it all the way through—couldn't tear my eyes away.  Much of the middle I watched at double speed, and at some points I kept thinking I was going to give up and go away.  Each time, I then realized "no, I'm not, I'm going to watch the whole thing, I can tell".  Yes, spooky, as you said.  Thanks, Chrístõ.

On Thu Dec 21, Chrístõ wrote
----------------------------
>
>'From our upcoming video game "Titanic: Honor and Glory" This is a rough draft ("pre-vis") of our sinking animation. Be sure to contribute to help make our project a reality!'

>'This is our full-length animation of the Titanic sinking, beginning with the iceberg collision and ending with its disappearance. The point of collision is at 1:06. This is a complete animation; not a short animation that was slowed down to match real time. This is also highly accurate, though we have already documented improvements we plan to make for the final game. The animation includes text frequently appearing with what is happening on board the ship. This includes visuals of various interior rooms flooding, lifeboats launching, rockets firing, and the Californian on the horizon. The animation was created in Unreal Engine 4. The exterior model used is not our final model, but an older model created by one of our team members.’

>www.titanichg.com/ 2hrs 40m

>There are no people in this version, just a deserted ship subsiding sloowly into the icy water. Nonetheless it is remarkably spooky - the sinking experienced as a bad dream from which you can't wake.

>I found it researching for the previous item.

[ Previous ] [ Return to the index page ] [ Next ]