Patrick O'Brian Discussion Forum

M&C II rumour from Russell Crowe

Chrístõ
chris@cjsquire.plus.com
Mon Nov 27

Russell Crowe‏ @russellcrowe

tweets:

For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure .

twitter.com/russellcrowe

Re: M&C II rumour from Russell Crowe

Joe McWilliams
joemac27@hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28

'Perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility?' - bloody hell, did Crowe really say that? I hope not.

On Mon Nov 27, Chrístõ wrote
----------------------------
>Russell Crowe‏ @russellcrowe
>

>tweets:
>
>For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure .
>

>twitter.com/russellcrowe

Whom do we propose for Lucky Jack?

Hoyden
Tue Nov 28

Seeing RC lately, I’d assume he’d be offered a spot as “Yellowed Admiral”, or a master attendant at a dockyard.

I propose Tom Hardy, and no heel taps Gentlemen.

Cometh the hour . .

Chrístõ
chris@cjsquire.plus.com
Wed Nov 29

. . cometh the man:
image host

He’d need a blonde wig and an officer’s jacket but apart from that he’s battle-ready - except of course he’s much too thin - he’ll need to wear a cushion round his belly to make him authentic.

[ This message was edited on Wed Nov 29 by the author ]

Re: Cometh the truth. .

Max
Sat Dec 2

Between his own productions, Venom and Mad Max, Hardy is booked solid for at least 3 years.
Not a chance for a major movie sequel in my view.

A TV series is always possible and probably the best means to bring the books to a viewing audience.

That dragons in the Royal Navy book series is still kicking around but lacks a home.

In my opinion Christoph Waltz was born to play Stephen.

On Wed Nov 29, Chrístõ wrote
----------------------------
>       . . cometh the man:
>image host

>He’d need a blonde wig and an officer’s jacket but apart from that he’s battle-ready - except of course he’s much too thin - he’ll need to wear a cushion round his belly to make him authentic.

Christoph Waltz!

Bob Bridges
robhbridges@gmail.com
Mon Dec 4

Oh, what a perfectly perfect idea!  He's nowhere near ugly enough, but that can be managed.

Is it too late now that audiences have Paul Bettany in their minds' eyes, though?

On Sat Dec 2, Max wrote
-----------------------
>Between his own productions, Venom and Mad Max, Hardy is booked solid for at least 3 years.
>Not a chance for a major movie sequel in my view.

>A TV series is always possible and probably the best means to bring the books to a viewing audience.

>That dragons in the Royal Navy book series is still kicking around but lacks a home.

>In my opinion Christoph Waltz was born to play Stephen.

>On Wed Nov 29, Chrístõ wrote
>----------------------------
>>       . . cometh the man:
>>image host

>>He’d need a blonde wig and an officer’s jacket but apart from that he’s battle-ready - except of course he’s much too thin - he’ll need to wear a cushion round his belly to make him authentic.

Re^2: Cometh the truth. .

Joe McWilliams
joemac27@hotmail.com
Thu Dec 7

Could Waltz do a convincing Irishman? I doubt it. Find an Irish actor to play an Irishman, I say.
On Sat Dec 2, Max wrote
-----------------------
>Between his own productions, Venom and Mad Max, Hardy is booked solid for at least 3 years.
>Not a chance for a major movie sequel in my view.

>A TV series is always possible and probably the best means to bring the books to a viewing audience.

>That dragons in the Royal Navy book series is still kicking around but lacks a home.

>In my opinion Christoph Waltz was born to play Stephen.
>
>
>On Wed Nov 29, Chrístõ wrote
>>       . . cometh the man:
>>image host

>>He’d need a blonde wig and an officer’s jacket but apart from that he’s battle-ready - except of course he’s much too thin - he’ll need to wear a cushion round his belly to make him authentic.

It was a joke

Bob Bridges
robhbridges@gmail.com
Fri Dec 1

Oh, come on, he was making a wry comment on how reliable are such whispers in Hollywood.  Hawkeye Pierce once complained that someone had given "a firm possibility of a definite maybe", along the same lines.

On Tue Nov 28, Joe McWilliams wrote
-----------------------------------
>'Perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility?' - bloody hell, did Crowe really say that? I hope not.

>On Mon Nov 27, Chrístõ wrote
>>Russell Crowe‏ @russellcrowe tweets:
>>For the Aubrey Maturin lovers , I do hear whispers indeed that a second voyage is perhaps potentially pre-proposed a possibility . So O’Brian affectionate’s and aficionados , let @20thcenturyfox know of your pleasure .

>>twitter.com/russellcrowe

[ Previous ] [ Return to the index page ] [ Next ]