CAPT Caltrop
calketrippe@aol.com

On Tue Jan 31, Chrístõ wrote
----------------------------
>On Tue Jan 31, CAPT Caltrop wrote
>---------------------------------
>>On Tue Jan 31, Chrístõ wrote
>>----------------------------
>>>The various political ‘-topias’ (u- = nowhere, eco-, eu- = good, dys- = bad and caco- - worst) are all imaginary so they should not be used to describe actual or historical societies. Better to stick to words like la la land, paradise, shangri la, normality, real life, business-as-usual, laissez faire, bliss, heaven, limbo, purgatory, chaos, hell, SNAFU, et cetera . .

>>..."dystopia" should NOT be linked with the name, Soros, because his actions, and the results they precipitate, are dysfunctional and real.

>Apply it if you choose but be aware that you are using the word in the wrong context and may be misunderstood or disregarded as an ignorant person. If you don't like Soros, better to say so plainly and spell out what it is that you dislike. 'Dystopia' is a useful word for a particular kind of fiction; there is no merit in applying it more generally to actuality.

I didn't exactly use that word with Soros. It was in the title of the Soros link. 

You used it first in conjunction with President Trump. Did you mean it was a particular type of fiction to conflate dystopia with President Trump. I would agree. So did YOU lead me into error?  Were YOU using the word incorrectly? 

Can I describe Soros as the "prince of darkness and dysfunctional intent" instead?

It seems by your interpretations only American Republicans can properly have their names associated with "dystopia?"

And as you've explained, that would be a fiction.

r,

Caltrop

[ This message was edited on Wed Feb 1 by the author ]

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Wed Feb 1
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 140 times
[ DIGEST ]